Sunday, May 20, 2018

EVERYTHING IN NOTHING: Enjoy More!

Have you ever enjoyed a moment of doing, and being NOTHING



The Selfie here is a symbolic depiction of a Nothing moment, frozen in a peaceful, mischievous frame by none other than me, myself. Yes, smart phones have created this new relationship with myself and it lets me capture me in all my moods. 

Think May vacations, and Think a period of happy inertia. A small little meditative month when my roles as a woman, as a mother, as a teacher, as a house manager all go in a slow motion. 

I sit here wearing my favourite dress that sits snugly on me. Everything is right and bright. A woman who has striven to co-create an independent existence with her equally creative husband. Both her sons brilliantly soaring in every environ they have navigated. 

In this moment there is an engaging smile that tells the world ‘I want nothing from you. I do have everything I need...’ 

In this moment, a mother is waiting to see her son perform. Her 11-year old who already has been declared the most sensitive and best actor. 

She knows things are delayed a bit as it happens for all shows. Her three men are running around catching their own two minutes of  fame with others.

I sit with a cup of coffee, comfortable and smug, unhurried and unworried. 

Rare moments when I am not worried, I am not beating anxious about reaching on time, I am not harried over cooking dinner as it has been planned at a nearby restaurant, I am not jittery over any impending bills and loans for all are taken care of. I am not crazy restless about the heat as I step from an AC car into an AC auditorium.  

I have literally let my hair down. No styling, no gels, no buns. Plain shampooed and dried naturally in the car as we travelled to town. I am seated comfortably and awaiting no one to join me and chat needlessly. I am far too happy with my own company. 

My husband brought me a delicious steaming aromatic coffee cup while he explores around. The coffee is still hot so I have few more moments to go before I sip it. 

In this moment of calm and serenity amidst chaos, all I am left to do is nothing. That to me is a lot. 

There is camaraderie with myself and my cell phone which clicks amazing pictures of me and reflects to me. My moment of self-love and Nothing

A moment and expression of eternity staring at the phone, expecting Nothing! 

Just Nothingness is my pal and the smile it brings is precious! But I would love to enjoy more. 

No doubt I didn't smile the biggest possible smile: I was wondering if I could do more...to enhance the Selfie Experience...was there a way to capture the entire auditorium behind me? At the end of the show, I did want a group-selfie, but of course, I'd have to ask someone with a longer arm to take it. If I would try to capture one by myself, I wouldn't manage to get everyone in the frame. (I don't reveal my height, but you get the point don't you?) 

In comes Mobiistar (http://mobiistar.in/), with a 120-degree wide angle dual front Selfie Camera...and guess what? I wouldn't need to ask anyone else to click a selfie, capture a moment, or worry if everyone's fitting in or not. Somehow, I find myself heading to Mobiistar on Flipkart  and wondering how my Selfie Experience is going to change forever!


-SONNAL PARDIWALA

No comments:

Post a Comment