Sunday, July 5, 2015

Jhalak ki Jhalak...(JKJ-Part 1)

I am the Audience. I am the one who votes for the contestants. I am the one who tweets Non-stop to your Twitter handle to reflect the popularity of the show!!! I am the One who waits for Saturday and Sunday to literally get the Jhalak of the favourite contestants we are pitching for. I am the one who cries bitterly if my favourite contestant is ousted and rant and rave at the partiality of it all. Till my favo is in the ride, It is the best show eva and the moment he or she is shown the door it is all scripted …I am the one who tunes into the ups and downs of the show …cry and jeer both…
I could be anyone…a Miss or a Mrs …a Mr or Master …young or old …married or unmarried...goin to school or a House wifeworking night shift or nine to five. I will be the one who will clap for you and at times send you tons of gratitude for making my weekends full of new stuff to ooh! and aah! and then fillin up my weekdays with grabbing bytes and grapevines about my Contestants…
That is what a Scintillating show...a Larger than life Show of the Calibre of Jhalak Dikhlajaa does, while it lasts for those few beautiful months. It is our escapade and entertainment at its purest…It is good for the family budget for those many weekends. I may not pester for vacations, exotic or otherwise …oh yes we can see the deferred live on youtube or the repeat telecast but nothing beats the excitement of catching the show as it appears and then tweetin about it and talkin to the virtual gang one Has made over the favo contestants and show. The silent delight if the contestant you tweeted for gives you an RT (Retweet) and the squeal if Shahid kapoor or Karan Johar retweets or replies that kinda will make for an internet remuneration and our two minutes fame…

This season there is a major major overhauling and brand new Judges shall dazzle with their brilliance and charisma along with the ones whom we are so so used to…read Karan Johar without whom we cannot spell Sophistication in a correct way…  

  He Exudes a Persona that symbolises some of the shows and have become daily usage in the Indian Dialect so we have important meetings referred to as “Coffee with Karan” to spoofs like “Tea with Taran” at local levels and “Chaas with Chagan” in local alleys of Gujarat. These are some of the ones I have come across. With his suave charm he has become A Permanent person to look for in the Jury of Jhalak. Can we conceptualise this Dance show without him?? I guess not …
The Makers of the show too take the cake with Larger than life sets and Massive scale of production Value. They leave no stone unturned in order to make this show worth every second to watch and Behold. For those two odd minutes we are transported to another world that the Contestants and choreographers Conceptualised for us. It’s a Dreamland that we shall enter every week. From some worlds we shall be dumped out mercilessly and from some we may never ever want to revive.
One such Reverie surely shall be Woven by the New entrants as Zanier and Jazzier Judges …new on the Panel The choreographer Ganesh Hegde…

It makes me stand up and await him. Ganesh Hegde has rubbed shoulders with the Biggy wiggies of The Industry and have made them groove to his instructions…he brings with him years of expertise and know how to look into the eyes of the contestants and tell them like it is…Wonder if he will be stern Taskmaster or A benevolent overseer? Time will tell and we are so eager to know…

But our hearts will go Flip flop for the young and happening Shahid Kapoor and Lauren Gottlieb. Does it matter that Shahid is all set to tie the knot and has moved outta reach of many a Maidens??? I guess not…we will await some outstanding and clean shakes from him since he is a Shamakite alright. Before being an Actor he is a Fabulous fabulous Dancer and BOY!!! We expect him to get the Energy of the stage few Notches higher. Do treat us with him opening the Stage with his Dancing shoes slidin and drippin chocolate on the floor. I wonder the MALE CONTESTANTS would want to hide in consternation after he pulls in few of his fast abhi yaha abhi waha routine…

And the judge panel could not have gotten anymore Sexier than the Lady we know as Lauren Gottlieb. She already won our hearts with her elegant moves in 'you name it and I do it' dance routine...be it any dance form or Indian...she brings sassiness and a special flavour which is unique to her and In one sentence if I were to Describe her “ She is Vivacious and invigorating to ma eyes” no more no less and enuff said.

Who can forget the witty and charming and the MAN WHO Cracks a whammy in the millionth of a second…if you are not sharp well…you just might miss the entire moment and humour. No one but our Manish Paul…

Truly yours and faithfully there to carry our show forward with sparkling humour and chortling laughter…We quite enjoyed the back and forth and completely in Vain Flirting and flattery with Madhuri Dixit …Wonder whose Pallo shall he catch this time around? Lauren in all probability shall have that part of wardrobe missing…
I am sure his faster than arrow wit shall cook up yet another storm for us to partake and leave us chuckling in between the performances. He will pull fast ones on many contestants for sure…Hope he finds an equally quicksnap Co host …though he does not need anyone to carry on the show with his frame moving from laughter to deadpan expressions after he has let loose his whammy on a poor unsuspecting soul …

The Jhalak season is back and it already feels like a Festival for us who do follow the show. All the long winding explanations of skeptics and cynics that it is being scripted and all voting is of no use will go out from my one ear outta another…
I would look forward yet to know who will be the wild card entry to who shall groove in the “Teen ka Tadka" to who shall get in the danger zones and how soon. The speculation in the mad Fan world will be rife with spoiler updates letting the details out before the show is aired and some getting elated and some drowning in Despair for their favo got dismissed …some will hope he or she may be called back as wild card entry. Sometimes we shall shake heads at the news of someone getting fatally injured and rendered incapable of doling out the performances. We shall eagerly await what shall be the theme of the next week and how the contestants do justice to the task given…
Then there is the App of Jhalak that will help us know more about our favos…and the scintillating Guests walking in to promote their upcoming Films and some of them are Enormous Personas. Surely I wanna see Salman Khan to make in his appearance for BAJRANGI BHAIJAAN to occasional rough and tumble with Daadi and Palak from Comedy Nights…
Our Cup runneth over guys..we soo so look forward to this full on entertainment and perfect Indian Balanced Diet with its share of sweet spice and chutputta achaar and nutrition loaded for fans who wanna escape the monotony of life they have carved out and can do little about.

People might wonder why am I writing about Jhalak this Seazon..where was I all these Years? Oh ! I was here alright. I did follow the Show on and off..missed few episodes…caught few on YouTube…But this time there is a Special reason why I would not miss a single episode…but why shall I tell you just yet??? Do wait for the next serving of the write up like you wait for the next episode. I promise not to make you wait longer …I promise to be partial to only the two contestants I am super fond of and I will still put forward my observations on the entire episode…If you are a Mad pan like me Do join me on TWITTER at @Sonnalp74 or INSTAGRAM at @sonnalp or comment under this post. 

Do remember to be positive. I am not a social reformer or an Activist. I am a crazy Fan  and believe in Hulka fulka banter. For that is what I will do when I see jhalak. I will doubt nothing and No one. Criticise no one and wham no one. Simply Observe and put forth my views …take it..discard it…ignore it…or tweet with me endless and dip in this Make Believe Dream Land that every Jhalak participant facing the camera or behind the camera works for…OOH AND AAH Over the Lovely Costumes…sets ..themes…comments…gags send our way…

Its my regular dope for the coming few months …until then do guess who I ADORE ENUFF to pen this Ambitious Blog on Jhalak…Join me if you wish or Enjoy the Show without me. 
You will do just fine without me…
                                                         -Sonnal Pardiwala    

 © Sonnal Pardiwala. All Rights Reserved.

The Writer claims no rights to the images used in this blog post. 
                                     
         



No comments:

Post a Comment